Meet the Blogger – Aakanksha Jain
In our latest interview series which I like to call “Meet the Blogger”, where I spotlight inspiring creatives on this Blogger Magazine. We caught up with Aakanksha Jain who runs Books Charming blog.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
I’m from India. Before I start my blog Books Charming, I worked as a teacher, but I always wanted to do something different and being my own boss. I never thought that one day I’ll become a blogger, but here I am. I started my blog in 2017 to write on social issues, but after a few months, I realized how important a niche is, and I choose books. I’m also an author, YouTuber, podcaster, and content creator.
2. Describe what inspired you to start your blog?
In this first, it was for just a time pass, and to enhance my writing skills. But soon, I realized how much I love reading and writing. It feels like I finally found a purpose. Something that I can do for the rest of my life.
3. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
Blogging is not just a means of earning. For me, it is my dream. So, the motivation comes from inside. Also, I’m very competitive I set goals for myself, and it inspired me to work on it.
4. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
I loved to hear from my readers/followers and I try my best to interact with them, but most of the time it is very challenging. There are so many social media accounts to handle, so, sometimes it took me a while to respond, but I try my best to keep in touch.
5. What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
Recently I reached 200k visitors on my blog and I would love to share some insights. Most of the page views come directly from Google, and these three points will help you to rank online as well.
- Whenever you publish a new article on your blog, make sure that you post the link of it on all your social media account.
- Use Google Search Console to keep track of your audience and keywords that are ranking on the Google.
- Make sure that you edit your old posts from time to time.
6. Would you encourage other people to make their blog?
I always do, but here’s the thing – blogging will not for those people who started it with the whole purpose of making quick money.
7. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
For one and a half-year I worked for free, I created a strong base, make connections, and then go for monetary terms. So, if you’re serious about blogging, then be ready to work for free as well. Blogging is not an easy way to make money, and why will someone pay you if you don’t have any work to show or you don’t have a good number of followers? My advice is that don’t get discouraged, keep up the good work, and everything will fall into the right place when the time comes. Your hard work and determination will help you make money in the future for sure.
8. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
The most challenging part was that I have no one to support me, plus I have no experience in this field. I learned everything by watching YouTube videos, and then I try to use them on my blog. No one told me anything. But it was also the best moments of my life because I learned a lot, and I saw my blog growing day by day.
9. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
My book How to Become an Amazon Influencer is available on Amazon, and recently I reached 50k followers on DailyHunt (It is a local content app for Indians), and I consider these two as my greatest achievement apart from my blog Books Charming.
10. Who Is Your Blogging Hero And Why?
I don’t want to sound rude, but no one.
11. What Advice Would You Give To A New Blogger Starting Out?
Purchase a domain name. 2. Be truthful to yourself and your work. 3. Don’t get jealous of other people’s success, learn from their experiences. 4. Find your niche and a good template or theme for your blog. 5. Don’t put too many ads on your blog.
12. Have you collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
1.Yes, I do. I collaborated with Storytel, and Healofy. I also collaborated with numerous publishers, and I’m associated with them currently as well.
13. Finally, what are your thoughts about BloggerMagazine?
You’re doing a great job by providing an opportunity to fellow bloggers so they can express their views. I wish you all the very best for all your endeavors.