Meet The Blogger – Aryeman
In our latest interview series which I like to call “Meet the Blogger”, where I spotlight inspiring creatives on this Blogger Magazine. We caught up with Aryeman who runs aryemansaysso and also contribute at indianwomensworld. Covering Luxury Lifestyle (Food, Travel and more).
Influencer Aryeman shares some magical mantras for successful blogging!
From writing features for TOI to tapping various sides of the media industry to becoming a digital influencer, Aryeman has carved a niche for himself as an acclaimed Mumbai Theatre reviewer, food critic, Luxury & Travel influencer and more. His in-depth blog reviews and videos are a rage and he believes in constantly innovating his content creation style to please not just the brands he collaborates with but also his followers who vouch for his sincerity for speaking the truth always. An influencer, Aryeman, believes that the power of written word is much stronger than a picture. Here’s presenting an exclusive interview with the digital influencer on his journey and what goes into conquering the digital world in the age of Millennials.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog?
Having relocated from Dubai (12 years now), I was fortunate to get an opportunity as a Freelance Features Writer with The Times Of India. I had three exclusive columns and that set the ball rolling for me.
My blog aryemansaysso.com and some others started just five years back. I focus more on lifestyle topics which offers greater scope. Off late, I have added Mumbai Theatre reviews and Luxury lifestyle into my writing.
2. Describe what inspired you to start your blog?
Working as a freelance writers for leading magazines and newspapers always ended with delayed payments and not getting an opportunity to write on topics which I wanted to. Blogging offered me the freedom to speak truthfully, honestly and without any restrictions.
3. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
The adulation and the innumerable opportunities that came my way were the biggest motivators. I always believe that the power of the written word is much stronger than a picture. I have always broken the rules, set new trends and kept my brands and followers happy.
4. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
I ensure to post at least 20 original posts on my blog(s). Google looks for consistency and originality of regular content. It’s not necessary that one should write a long blog, micro blogging gets more views. It is easier to retain audience retention with concise and hard-hitting posts.
5. What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
The options are numerous. Besides cascading on social media options like Instagram, Facebook or Twitter, I have come up with other original and dynamic ways to populate my posts to newer audiences.
6. Would you encourage other people to make their blog?
I always encourage people to have an alternative blog since it has loads of advantages when compared to Instagram and Facebook. I share my techniques on my workshop, ‘How to be a Social Media Superstar’, which I hold frequently in various cities besides Mumbai.
7. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
Google has stringent minimum viewership requirements before the payments actually start rolling in. A tip to most bloggers is not to think of the monetary gains initially but to be consistent. I rarely care for Google income, my blog income is through other collaborations which is more lucrative.
8. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
Being an ex-TOI writer, I have made my name ‘Aryeman’ and ‘#AryemanSaysSo’ a brand identity for myself. The only challenge which I have faced is where campaigns are allocated to other millennial bloggers who resort to cheap gimmicks of inflating views and likes or underquote their price or do campaigns for free.
9. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
Being an Influencer has given me many perks. A recent one was being the sole influencer to be invited to attend the TEDx Talks event in Mumbai this year. Besides this, there have been paid staycations, exclusive preview launches, being a Chief Guest / Judge for College events and of course getting permissions to shoot at extravagant places for the short films which I write and direct.
10. Who is your blogging hero And Why?
I don’t really follow anyone per se. But yes, Neil Patel, the Social Media Guru is one who keeps inspiring me since he has the answers to most of the doubts faced by most bloggers.
11. What advice would you give to a new blogger starting out?
- Be consistent, be original, be truthful
- Make yourself a Brand by speaking your mind fearlessly
- The going may be a bit tough but pursue it relentlessly
- Make every blog post a masterpiece. Your followers should eagerly wait for your next post
- I always use a subtle tinge of Shock and Spice value to my posts. It keeps the audiences and followers engrossed.
12. Have you collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
I have collaborated with more than 300 brands so far. Each one has been a memorable experience. I have always formulated different techniques for all my brands and that’s what keeps me motivated to think out-of-the-box always.
13. Finally, what are your thoughts about BloggerMagazine?
BloggersMagazine is surely doing a fantastic job of uniting, educating and promoting talented bloggers from all over India. Kudos to the team for this fabulous gesture, I must say this is a target niche which has been captured and surely the Whiz Kid deserves a pat on his / her back over a cup of coffee and more.
Follow Aryeman on his journey at:
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
WEBSITE / blog:
Also contributing Lifestyle Features Editor for www.indianwomensworld.com
Instagram link – https://www.instagram.com/aryeman9/
46000 followers, Do check the views on the posts.
Zomato – Aryeman – Level 13 Connoisseur – 5985 followers
Zomato link — https://www.zomato.com/aryeman
FB account Aryeman – 5000 + 1595
FB Page – Mumbai Foodie – 19000 likes, 43000 followers. Views 8 million.
FB Mumbai Foodie group – 5000 members