Meet The Blogger – Crystal Green
In our latest interview series which I like to call “Meet the Blogger”, where I spotlight inspiring creatives on this Blogger Magazine. We caught up with Crystal Green who runs sharinglifesmoments blog.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
Southern wife and homeschooling parent who seeks to help women pursue their passions while making every moment count. I aim to help you have more time for what matters most to you, such as your family, friends, and your own self-care. I look forward to connecting with you and helping you improve your daily life.
2. Describe what inspired you to start your blog?
I started blogging because I wanted to help others who may be dealing with the same issues I have been going through in my life.
3. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
I stay motivated lately by the fact that I know I’m making a difference in at least one person’s life right now.
4. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
I have become more active now that I have the opportunity to do it. I will be striving to maintain three posts a week and at least one newsletter for each segment on my newsletter.
5. What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
I have found that offering your readers something that truly interests them is the best solution.
6. Would you encourage other people to make their blog?
I would if you have a passion for connecting with others and sharing your story.
7. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
I would say that making true money from blogging doesn’t happen overnight. It takes time to build loyal fans who want to buy from you. Never take for granted that you have a loyal fan base either.
8. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
I would say that the most challenging moment in my blogging journey would have to be figuring out what my true niche should be. I’m still working on narrowing that down because I have so much input on several topics.
9. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
Outside of blogging I would say my greatest achievement has been raising awesome kids.
10. Who Is Your Blogging Hero And Why?
I have so many blogging hero’s it’s hard to narrow it down to just one person. However, I would have to say that Kelli Miller from 3 Boys and a Dog has been my greatest guide and help with the blogging journey.
11. What Advice Would You Give To A New Blogger Starting Out?
My biggest advice for a new blogger would be to take it one step at a time. Don’t compare your beginning to someone else’s middle. There is a LOT to learn, and you can’t possibly learn it all in one day. Also, other bloggers are NOT your competition. There is plenty of people for all of us to reach.
12. Have you collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
On my old blog, I have worked with Netflix, Graco, HP, and a long list of other brands. My current blog is still in the baby stage because I lost my passion for blogging after I sold my first blog. That passion is back now and I have my eye on working with several different brands by the end of 2020 if all goes well.
13. Finally, what are your thoughts about BloggerMagazine?
I feel like BloggerMagazine is great resource for bloggers to use.
Follow Crystal Green on her journey at:
sharinglifesmoments.com | facebook.com/sharinglifesmoments | twitter.com/sharinglmoments | instagram.com/crystal_d_green | pinterest.com/sharinglifesmoments