Meet the Blogger – Elaine Rau
In our latest interview series which I like to call “Meet the Blogger”, where I spotlight inspiring creatives on this Blogger Magazine. We caught up with Elaine Rau who runs Lady Boss Blogger blog.
- Tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog?
I teach women exactly how to monetize their Instagram accounts and blog so that they can make a full-time income online. For more info go to: LadyBossBloggerCourses.com.
- Describe what inspired you to start your blog?
My boss wouldn’t let me attend my boyfriend’s brother’s funeral overseas, so I quit, moved overseas to be with him, and started a blog that became my business. (BTW, we got married a month after I moved there so that risk paid off too!)
- How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
I have a team that writes articles for my blog, LadyBossBlogger, so I don’t have to come up with new content myself.
- How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
I post on my blog and Instagram @LadyBossBlogger every single day at 6PM CST and have done so for 3 years now.
- What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
Your blog and social postings should align. Whenever you have a new post on your post, your socials should direct your followers to it and vice versa.
- Would you encourage other people to make their blog?
100%! Blogging is an incredible way to work from home, be your own boss, and have complete time freedom. If you want to start a blog, read this: https://ladybossblogger.com/how-to-start-a-blog/.
- A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
Learn how to work with brands and start with affiliate marketing to make a commission on the products you promote. Once you see what sells and what your audience likes, create your own version of the product and sell that for 100% of the profits.
- What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
The technical difficulties during my first year. There was such a huge learning curve and it seemed that things kept on going wrong, but by the second year everything was second nature and everything that used to be hard was now a breeze! Everything you learn builds on itself, so just continue learning and overcoming those challenges, you got this!
- What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
Having peace of mind, an incredible husband, a happy home, and amazing friends.
- Who is your blogging hero And Why?
Michelle, the founder of Making Sense of Cents, is very inspirational. She taught me how to master affiliate marketing and helped me take my blog and business to the next level.
- What advice would you give to a new blogger starting out?
No one has it all figured out. The people who build businesses are the ones who simply start and figure it out as they go along. You don’t need to know your next 5 steps, you just need to know and the first step.
- Have you collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with.
I’ve worked with BestBuy, Target, Sephora, Ulta Beauty, FujiFilm, Amazon, Intel among 1000’s of other brands.
- Finally, what are your thoughts about Blogger Magazine?
Community is what blogging is all about. You don’t have to do it all on your own and Blogger Magazine makes it easy to connect with other bloggers!
- Please add link to your blog and social media accounts