Meet The Blogger – Kayla Marrero
In our latest interview series which I like to call “Meet the Blogger”, where I spotlight inspiring creatives on this Blogger Magazine. We caught up with Kayla Marrero who runs deardestiny blog.Get Advice on Living Life
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
Hi, my name is Kayla Marrero and I am a senior in high school. I decided to make a blog because I wanted to help people and I also want to study journalism in college. My blog is called Dear Destiny and it’s a blog about advice, life, and social injustices. It’s a personal blog as it’s offer advice to everyone regardless of the topic. It gives you a glimpse of topics that most people might be scared to talk about.
2. Describe what inspired you to start your blog?
When my family died in October 2019, I struggles with expressing myself and I still do. My blog became an outlet for me to talk about what I want without being judge.
3. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
My family motivated me to keep my blog up or running because they always tell me to give up. Also, I sometimes start to ask myself what’s the purpose of a blog because it doesn’t have a lot of traffic, then when people come to me and say they loved my blog, it makes me happy. Just knowing that people actually liked what I was writing and learned about a particular topic, makes the blog worth it.
4. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
I post a blog post each week as I send an email to my newsletter. I dont think I communicate with my followers unless it’s through my newsletter
5. What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
Im not sure, because I use instagram and pinterest. Although I got more followers in instagram, I think more people see my blog on Pinterest.
6. Would you encourage other people to make their blog?
Yes, I definitely would encourage other people to make a blog. A blog is very fun and it allows you to get anything off your mind or chestZ
7. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
I havent mastered the money aspect of blogging. I am still learning on how to do that. I’m new to blogging as I started in Januray.
8. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
The most challenging moment in my blogging journey is not getting enough followers. I only have 17 people on my newsletter which is kind of disappointing.
9. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
My greatest achievement oustide of blogging is when I interned at NBC10. That’s when I knew my passion was for journalism.
10. Who Is Your Blogging Hero And Why?
I like Darren Rowse because he teaches people about how to make their blog better or more interesting to viewers.
11. What Advice Would You Give To A New Blogger Starting Out?
Don’t give out, regardless if the outcome isn’t what you expected. It takes time.
12. Have you collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
13. Finally, what are your thoughts about BloggerMagazine?
I like the idea, and I think it will help everyone with their blog.
Follow Kayla Marrero on her journey at:
deardestiny.org | Instagram : @_dear_destiny_ | Pinterest: deardestiny25