Meet the blogger – Lauren Kimler
In our latest interview series which I like to call “Meet the Blogger”, where I spotlight inspiring creatives on this Blogger Magazine. We caught up with Lauren Kimler who runs Lauren Kimler blog.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
I’m a west coast teenager with a love for the internet. I love blogging, photography, and video creation. My blog is lifestyle themed where I post topics such as beauty, makeup, fitness and other lifestyle topics.
2. Describe what inspired you to start your blog?
I have always loved creating content and posting it online. I had been an active social media user in middle school and even started a few free blogs back then. After being on and off about creating YouTube videos, I had contemplated blogging. A year after the idea and I finally had started a blog.
3. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
I love creating content to upload. I enjoy writing and posting in my free time. I do write out multiple posts on the same day incase I don’t feel like writing on an upload date. Loving what I do is my motivation.
4. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
I post 1-2 blog posts a week and am active on social media. I reply to comments, messages, and emails as soon as possible.
5. What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
My favorite strategy for blog traffic is pinterest. There is so much potential to grow your blog on pinterest.
6. Would you encourage other people to make their blog?
Yes, If you’re thinking about starting a blog, go for it! Make sure you’re ready for the challenges that blogging will bring. Blogging is definitely worth it and I will always say yes to starting a blog. It will bring you joy and great experiences.
7. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
Blogging does take work to get to the money making stages. Here are my top three tips to help you make money blogging. 1. Post content frequently. This will help your readers stick around knowing you post regularly. 2. Use pinterest. It is such an easy way to boost your blog traffic. 3. Focus on SEO. This is the most important. I use the yoast SEO plug-in to help with my posts. You need to optimize your titles and descriptions so that they can better show up in search results, helping to boost traffic.
8. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
The biggest challenge I have faced so far is growing my email subscribers.
9. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
By age 18 I was graduating high school and graduating college with an associates degree, all while working 40+ hours a week and running a blog.
10. Who Is Your Blogging Hero And Why?
My favorite blogger is Ell Duclos. I had found one of her posts and soon realized I love the content she puts out. She runs two blogs and I love both.
11. What Advice Would You Give To A New Blogger Starting Out?
Do your research. There is so much to know about blogging whether it be SEO, pinterest strategies, WordPress plug-ins and so on. Make sure you know what you’re getting into and that you have the effort that blogging takes. Overall blogging is so much fun and I recommend starting a blog.
12. Have you collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
Fat Chief Media and EZGO so far.
13. Finally, what are your thoughts about BloggerMagazine?
Blogger magazine is such a great idea. I love this interview series. This is a great way to find new blogger to support and learn about other bloggers experiences.
Follow Lauren Kimler on her journey at:
LaurenKimler.com | Facebook.com/laurenkimler