Meet The Blogger – Mileva Stankovic
In our latest interview series which I like to call “Meet the Blogger”,where I spotlight inspiring creatives on this Blogger Magazine. We caught up with Mileva Stankovic who runs Inspiration Wise blog .
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
I’m a published author and a marketer. I’m blogging because I hope to help authors with their work, both while writing and later when they publish. I share my experience and ideas on everything related to books and writing, combined with New Thought.
2. Describe what inspired you to start your blog?
I’ve always loved expressing myself through writing, be it books or blog posts. I’be had one blog before, and I loved it, yet I didn’t continue because I was young and didn’t know what to do with it. Now I know how I can reach my readers and connect with my followers, which inspires me in every blog post creation. I love sharing what I know and waking up new ideas in other peoples’ minds with my posts.
3. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
Even though it’s hard sometimes, whenever I see a positive comment on something that I wrote, I’m instantly in a need to write more. My readers keep me inspired.
4. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
I do my best to manage Pinterest every day, and Twitter community in my niche has been so nice to me that I do my best to not even turn the Twitter tab off. I’m always online.
5. What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
So far Twitter and Facebook bring me the most visitors, but I think that’s because I aim to write for a human, not Google. I have yet to do a proper keyword optimized blog post. What I find important is to make people feel pleasant while reading your posts. That will keep them coming back.
6. Would you encourage other people to make their blog?
If they have something to say – yes. I would also encourage them not to quit easily if they start.
7. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
Think in terms of not putting all the eggs in one basket. There are so many ways to monetize – ads, sponsorships, ebook sales, affiliates. Experiment and find what suits you. But give it enough time.
8. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
I have a list of 100+ blog post ideas that grows every day. I want to write them all in a week! I never miss content ideas, I lack the time.
9. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
I would have to say my greatest achievement is saving my cats’ lives by syringe feeding them since they were a day old.
10. Who Is Your Blogging Hero And Why?
Every blogger that stayed in the blogging game long enough is worth the mention. Still, Neil Patel is the No. 1 man I go to for blogging resources. His posts are well written, there’s no fluff content and they’re filled with great instructions.
11. What Advice Would You Give To A New Blogger Starting Out?
Take a month or two to fully research a few things – your niche, SEO, blogging platforms, hosting options, social media. Take notes, clear up every doubt. Then you’ll be ready to write your first blog post.
12. Have you collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
I’ve had one sponsorship request, but I’m still waiting to close that deal.
13. Finally, what are your thoughts about BloggerMagazine?
I think it’s great that Blogger Magazine gave this opportunity to bloggers. The more we support each other, the better blogging community will be. The Blogger Magazine website is also very easy to manage.
Follow Mileva Stankovic on her journey at:
inspirationwise.com | twitter.com/iw_blog | pinterest.com/inspirationwiseblog | instagram.com/inspiration.wise