Meet The Blogger – Paolo Avis
In our latest interview series which I like to call “Meet the Blogger”, where I spotlight inspiring creatives on this Blogger Magazine. We caught up with Paolo Avis who runs Hey Paolo Blog.
- Tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
Lifestyle blogger featuring the stories of people, places, and events in Adelaide, South Australia.
- Describe what inspired you to start your blog?
I’ve initially created this blog back in September 2019 to reach out to my fellow migrants and those who are also planning to migrate to South Australia for them to learn more about how it’s like living here. It was mostly an awkward beginning as I struggled with creating content, finding my voice, and understanding my personal branding. It took a lot of positive criticisms from my dear friends before I knocked my head and came to my senses. As I create more and more content, I discovered that I’ll be a blogger who aims to spark conversations with people I meet here in Adelaide, South Australia. I’ll ask them tons and tons of questions (it can be serious or it can be trivial) with the objective of creating insightful dialogues for me to learn more about them, their stories, and their life learnings.
- How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
I love connecting with people and it gives me positive energy. I try to hit two birds with one stone: learning more about them/their stories and translating those into blog content.
- How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
As much as possible, I try to post daily content on Instagram and with at least 1-2x posts per week on my WordPress blog site.
- What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
What works best for me is Instagram.
- Would you encourage other people to make their blog?
Blogging for me is a creative release more than anything. If you have something positive and constructive content to share to your desired audience, then why not?
- A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
I think more than looking at display ads on your blog site or getting product sponsors, we should also look at how the products/services that you’re promoting on behalf of your clients/sponsors be beneficial to your audience.
- What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
Setting up interviews and connecting with people have been a breeze so far, but writing the stories afterwards and editing the videos take a lot of time and effort from my part as I really need to devout a good amount of time to produce these.
- What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
Making friends and real connections with the people I feature on my blog.
- Who Is Your Blogging Hero And Why?
I look up to Bianca Gonzalez-Intal (Instagram: @iamsuperbianca), a celebrity/TV host/book author/vlogger in the Philippines. She was a Communications major in the same university where I studied for college (Ateneo de Manila University). She’s an inspiration because she uses her online platforms and social media to create meaningful conversations with people while sharing valuable thoughts and information with her own followers.
- What Advice Would You Give To A New Blogger Starting Out?
Just continue creating and creating content. Later on, you’ll find your niche ad your own tribe.
- Have you collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
I love creating with brands and I look forward to working with more in the future.
- Finally, what are your thoughts about BloggerMagazine?
It’s amazing that there are blogs out there who also get to know their fellow bloggers.
Follow Paolo Avis on his journey at:
Website: www.heypaolo.com Instagram: @hey_paolo (https://www.instagram.com/hey_paolo/) Facebook: @heypaoloblog (https://www.facebook.com/heypaoloblog/)