Meet the Blogger – Shruti Bhattacharya
In our latest interview series which I like to call “Meet the Blogger”, where I spotlight inspiring creatives on this Blogger Magazine. We caught up with Shruti Bhattacharya who runs the happy puppers blog and social media channels. The Happy Puppers is Your one-stop destination to understand your dog better. Shruti Bhattacharya aim is to build one platform where every dog care related question’s answer can be found.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
I am a very passionate dog blogger. I blog at https://www.thehappypuppers.com. My blog covers a range of dog related aspects from their grooming, diet, nutrition to diseases and home remedies. The aim is to build one platform where every dog care related question’s answer can be found. The Happy Puppers has ranked #36 in the worlds Top 200 dog blogs of 2020.
2. Describe what inspired you to start your blog?
I rescued two pups (they are my sons, Alpha and Delta) in 2018. Alpha had some neurological issues due to which he could not make it beyond 4 months of age. Delta was rescued when he was 1 day old as his mother had abandoned the litter and he was the runt. The death of Alpha hit me very hard. It also inspired me to start caring for the dogs on the streets. So I currently semi foster 9 dogs in my locality. I am their food and healthcare provider. The blog is in Alpha’s honor. SO that next time a dog guardian faces a situation where they dont know what to do, they will have someone to reach out to at least and a platform where they can get some help and insightful perspective. Furthermore, since I am finishing my Ph.D. in Immunology, I am at a better position to decipher scientific advances in dog care and bring it to the common folks.
3. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
The memory of Alpha, my boy Delta and my 9 semi foster kids (whom I love with all my heart and aim to adopt in future) keep me going.
4. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
I am almost always active on social media to help my followers with whatever they need. I am available on instagram, facebook as well as twitter. I try to answer within minutes because I understand the anxiety dog guardians face when your pup needs something and you don’t know what to do to help
5. What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
Pinterest and Facebook
6. Would you encourage other people to make their blog?
Yes, it is a great way to keep learning and share knowledge. No amount of knowledge is ever enough.
7. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
I am here to provide information. Provide good quality infomration. If you are the best in the business, your blog will grow automatically. SO focus on being the best and be consistent.
8. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
Taking the time out to promote. However, I am working on it. Schedules help, but sometimes I get caught up in other chores and making time becomes difficult. Thus, always do planning in advance
9. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
Saving my boy Delta. Caring for my 9 other kids. Reaching up to this pinnacle of life where I am at the end of my Ph.D (the road was long and hard, but I did it..!)
10. Who Is Your Blogging Hero And Why?
I like dogs naturally and I heart dogs. I heart dogs provides one meal to dogs for every 1 subscription. I wish to do that too someday.
11. What Advice Would You Give To A New Blogger Starting Out?
Take the time to make decisions. Don’t jump into blogging without checking whether you have the time and more so the patience to grow your blog and stay consistent
12. Have you collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
I have a few offers but I have not collaborated with any brand yet.
13. Finally, what are your thoughts about BloggerMagazine?
I really like the Blogger magazine. It is a nice collaborative platform for bloggers from different niche to come together at one place.
Follow Shruti Bhattacharya on their journey at: