Meet The Blogger – Shubhranshu Mishra
In our latest interview series which I like to call “Meet the Blogger”,where I spotlight inspiring creatives on this Blogger Magazine. We caught up with Shubhranshu Mishra who runs Engineering Master blog.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
I am Shubhranshu Mishra, founder of Engineering Master (https://engineeringmaster.in). I am a graduate Mechanical Engineer. I started this blog, when I was in 3rd year of engineering, in March 2017. This blog is all about interesting engineering facts written in simple layman’s language. I also won the Indian Blogger Award (IBA) 2017 under the Engineering category.
2. Describe what inspired you to start your blog?
People usually think engineering is difficult and they didn’t enjoy the fact applied behind the engineering miracle. I want to make this easier so that they can enjoy the miracle of engineering.
3. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
My motivation comes from the Analytics and Comments of my blog.
4. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
I write blog posts occasionally. When I found some interesting and rare facts, I start researching and when I attain my satisfaction level, I post it in my blog. My communications with my followers are mostly done on email, comment section, and social media channels. I try to answer their query as soon as possible.
5. What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
There are many paid advertising options available, but I believe unpaid marketing (mainly through Social Media) is best for getting more visitors. Initial struggle is there, but once we reach a milestone, it will become a cakewalk.
6. Would you encourage other people to make their blog?
Blogging is all about interest. If someone has good knowledge about anything and he is happy to share it with everyone, then I will surely encourage him to make their blog.
7. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
If someone wanted to start a blog just because he wants to earn money, then I will not encourage him to do so. Blogging is all about interest and passion. If we keep money in our minds, then we can’t focus on blog content. What I suggest is, just engage your brain in Content, try to give a unique and best content. When you reach a milestone, when you have a good number of happy readers, then start thinking of money-making. Believe me, you will get a huge amount of money.
8. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
The biggest challenge in my blogging journey is Consistency. I am unable to maintain my consistency, as it takes time in searching for an interesting fact, research it and present it in a short post.
9. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
People around me like my way of explaining and doubt clearing. This makes me feel proud.
10. Who Is Your Blogging Hero And Why?
I learned many aspects of blogging from Deepak Kanakraju and Harsh Agrawal. They are some of the biggest bloggers in India and their blog will definitely help a newcomer of the blogging world.
11. What Advice Would You Give To A New Blogger Starting Out?
New bloggers must concentrate their attention on Content.
12. Have you collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
Yes, I have collaborated with some of the biggest technical institutions in the world.
13. Finally, what are your thoughts about BloggerMagazine?
Blogger Magazine is doing a great job of collecting the story of bloggers from different genres. This will help new bloggers in stepping their foot in blogging.
Follow Shubhranshu Mishra on his journey at:
engineeringmaster.in | facebook.com/enggmasterblog | twitter.com/enggmasterblog | instagram.com/enggmasterblog | linkedin.com/company/engineeringmaster | youtube.com/channel/UCK4lkPuKs8pEaT8G_BT58ug