Meet the Blogger – Souki Fournier
In our latest interview series which I like to call “Meet the Blogger”, where I spotlight inspiring creatives on this Blogger Magazine. We caught up with Souki Fournier who runs Go the Extra Lifestyle blog.Moroccan native Houston based blogger shares about life, fashion, and beauty through a whole different perspective
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog?
My names is Souki Fournier, I am the creator of Go the Extra Lifestyle, a lifestyle blog where I share a little bit of life, fashion, beauty, travel, and everything in between.
2. Describe what inspired you to start your blog?
I have been an avid bog reader for years. I’ve always enjoyed the intimacy of blogging and how it can connect to you so many people around the world. I also have a passion for travel, fashion, and beauty, and always loved writing. Blogging has always been appealing to me because it enables me to share about my passions.
3. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
By reading other blogs! I love how amazing and diverse the blogging community is and nothing gives more motivation than reading my favorites blogs on the daily.
4. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
I try to be active at least 4 to 5 times a week.
5. What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
You need to show up every day and interact with your audience.
6. Would you encourage other people to make their blog?
7. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
Blogging is not a quick money fix, it does not happen overnight, you need to have a different motivation for blogging other than money. Or else you will grow tired of waiting and give up on it all together.
8. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
Keeping a steady flow of content and regardless of life, full time jobs and everything.
9. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
I fulfilled most of my travel bucket list!
10. Who is your blogging hero And Why?
Carrie Bradshaw Lied/Kathleen Barnes is the most inspiring, authentic, and talented blogger I know.
11. What advice would you give to a new blogger starting out?
Just do it!
12. Have you collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
None as of yet.
13. Finally, what are your thoughts about BloggerMagazine?
It is so amazing to have a publication that sheds light on our blogger community and enables us to connect with people in a different way.