Meet The Blogger – Tina Russell
In our latest interview series which I like to call “Meet the Blogger”, where I spotlight inspiring creatives on this Blogger Magazine. We caught up with Tina Russell who runs simply-shine blog.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
A Lifestyle and Wellbeing Blogger. I live near Cambridge, UK with my gorgeous husband Gareth and lovable Labrador Harvey. Through self-awareness and changing daily practices, I have learnt to retrain my brain, slow down and shine in life. I can help you do the same, in other words, to calm the chaos in your mind and life and shine in all you choose to do. I have years of experience coaching leaders in organisations through change. Now I can help individuals make change; through my blog, free resources, online workshops and ebooks.
2. Describe what inspired you to start your blog?
It took me collapsing at at fitness event and being diagnosed with exhaustion before I slowed down and started looking after myself. I started my blog to help and inspire other women to prioritise themselves, thrive not just survive and enjoy life…without apologising.
3. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
I know that I have an audience to support and I just love being there to help them
4. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
I communicate with my followers every day on social media and my blog is updated weekly
5. What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
6. Would you encourage other people to make their blog?
If they really want to start a blog, I would say go for it.
7. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
Remember that you are creating content for audience. Research what they want to know and provide value more than you sell.
8. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
Learning the technical side! I love the sense of achievement I’m getting from each new thing I learn.
9. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
Without a doubt my greatest achievement is helping my recovery from chronic illness. When I was diagnosed with Functional Neurological Disorder I was told I needed to retrain my brain to reduce my symptoms. I set about learning what that meant and made self-care and self-development my passions. I have retrained my brain, reduced my symptoms, recovered from perfectionism, and love life so much more.
10. Who Is Your Blogging Hero And Why?
My blogging hero is Aby Moore-The Mamapreneur Revolution. Her story is very inspiring; how she built up her hobby into a thriving business. In her content, trainings and book, her advice and tips are super clear and helpful and you genuinely get a sense she wants to help.
11. What Advice Would You Give To A New Blogger Starting Out?
Know your audience and write to your passions
12. Have you collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
I have’t but I am open to.
13. Finally, what are your thoughts about BloggerMagazine?
I discovered BloggerMagazine for the first time today. It looks like a really useful resource, I’ll bookmark it 🙂
Follow Tina Russell on her journey at:
simply-shine.co.uk | instagram.com/tina_simplyshine | facebook.com/tinasimplyshine