Meet The Blogger – Vidhya Thakkar
In our latest interview series which I like to call “Meet the Blogger”, where I spotlight inspiring creatives on this Blogger Magazine. We caught up with Vidhya Thakkar who runs Reader viddh.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog?
Hey… I am a Blogger, Digital Marketer and a Trainer. I believe in following my passion, so I came up with my Bookstagram account called Reader viddh.I have been blogging from last 7 years. Earlier I use toadd poems, experiences and later when I came to know about book reviews, I started adding Book reviews, Author Interviews and Lifestyle content on my blog. Well, I still add poems sometimes.
2. Describe what inspired you to start your blog?
A heartbreak. When I stopped talking to someone I called my best friend. I started this blog.
3. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
Umm.. I love to express my thoughts and I feel suffocated if I don’t express. Blogging for me is the same. It was my personal diary earlier, now a part of my life. That urge to add something new, the creativity keeps me up.
4. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
On instagram I am active daily. On blog I use to post daily and now I switched to 1 to 2 posts per week. I communicate via emails.
5. What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
Posting the right content on social media leads many visitors to blog. Plan your posts according to social platform and not adding everything similar on each platform.
6. Would you encourage other people to make their blog?
Yes, Definitely because it’s your place, something of your own where you can express and learn.
7. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
Well, Patience is the only key when it comes to making money online. Just focus on your content, on your posts and rest will be done on their own. Do not do it for money but for your passion.
8. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
Multitasking and balancing. It takes a lot of time when it comes to maintaining blog. The most challenging moment was when I shifted from third party blog to website. Where I had 30k+ visitors on my blog and later I had to start from scratch when I switched to website.
9. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
I was featured by mid-day, I am Top third Indian book blogger and was awarded as best blogger. Working with Top publishers and authors is something I am proud of.
10. Who is your blogging hero And Why?
No one. I never knew anyone when I started blogging. I did everything on my own.
11. What advice would you give to a new blogger starting out?
Have patience. Things will fall in place, just work on whart you love, enjoy blogging rather than just doing it for a sake.
12. Have you collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
I have worked with many brands and authors like Penguin India, Westland Publishers, Rupa publishers, Juggernaut, Harpercollins and many others.
13. Finally, what are your thoughts about BloggerMagazine?
One of the best thing happened to me. With a unique concept and something for bloggers.
Follow Vidhya Thakkar on her journey at:
vidhyathakkar.com | facebook.com/beingvidh | twitter.com/vidhya_thakkar | instagram.com/reader_viddh | goodreads.com/vidhyathakkar