Meet The Blogger – Britney Eva
In our latest interview series which I like to call “Meet the Blogger”, where I spotlight inspiring creatives on this Blogger Magazine. We caught up with Britney Eva who runs The Happiness Agreement.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
Hi! My name is Britney, and I am the owner of a happiness resource site called The Happiness Agreement. It serves mostly women who are looking to find more happiness through clarifying purpose, reaching goals, self-care, and self-love.
2. Describe what inspired you to start your blog?
I’ve dealt with the lows of chronic depression and anxiety, and found reprieve in fine-tuning my purpose. I just wanted to help as many people as I could, and I saw blogging as a way to do it!
3. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
Admittedly, I’ve been in and out with pursuing blogging. Major events have happened in life that were emotionally debilitating, and I couldn’t find the will to continue with the blog. Fast forward to now, and my motivation is found in two little 9-month-old faces smiling up at me. Providing a vision of success is pushing me to limits I never knew I could reach before they came to exist. Another major motivator is thinking about my sister I lost recently. Her passing made me angry. Very angry. What I’m trying to do now is channel the energy to continue living the life she never got to.
4. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
I have a new article up every single Monday at 11am. I’m on Twitter and Facebook a lot. And I email my subscribers with helpful happiness information at least once a week.
5. What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
Pinterest, Pinterest, Pinterest. Even though it’s been giving me the MAJOR blues lately, it is still my number one traffic referral site.
6. Would you encourage other people to make their blog?
7. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
It might’ve been easy in the past, but it’s definitely not easy money. You will work for every cent. I’d say to make sure this is exactly what you want to do. Research the crap out of your target audience, and start with a paid service with a lead-in freebie to build your audience. Trust in your ability and knowledge to offer value from the very beginning.
8. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
The most challenging moment was when I was working full-time, and literally working on the blog during every single work break, and on lunches. I was getting up in the mornings to work in a coffee shop before work, and sometimes after work on the same day. I was exhausted, and making no money. The challenge came when I was creating content about self-care, but was not practicing at all what I was preaching. Be your blog. Live it. It will show through.
9. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
My greatest achievement outside of blogging was winning a couple of performance awards at work! (Other than finishing my Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology)
10. Who Is Your Blogging Hero And Why?
I think Nadalie Bardo from itsallyouboo.com is my mentor. She doesn’t know it, but yeah.
11. What Advice Would You Give To A New Blogger Starting Out?
It’s going to get challenging – mentally and emotionally. Collaborate with other bloggers. Listen to success stories. Share. Keep going and learning, and you will get there.
12. Have you collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
I’ve just recently started to collaborate! But one I’m currently working with is the United Nations.
13. Finally, what are your thoughts about BloggerMagazine?
BloggerMagazine is needed. I’m glad it’s around, and I’m super grateful to have the opportunity to be featured.
Follow Britney Eva on her journey at:
thehappinessagreement.com | pinterest.com/thehappinessagreement | facebook.com/thehappinessagreement | twitter.com/britatTHA | instagram.com/thehappinessagreement