Meet The Blogger – Charlon & Charlotte
In our latest interview series which I like to call “Meet the Blogger”,where I spotlight inspiring creatives on this Blogger Magazine. We caught up with Charlon & Charlotte who runs Charls Travels blog and social media channels. Covering travel. Based in Malta, Charlon & Charlotte is passionate about sharing her adventures in the world with their growing audience.
- Tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog?
Hi! We are Charlon and Charlotte, boyfriend and girlfriend, aged 20 and 21. You can call us Charls. We are from a small island in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea called Malta, more specifically Gozo. At the moment, we are planning to take on a journey and travel the world.
Right now, we are in our final years of getting our degrees. We believe that there are plenty of opportunities out there which can be missed because of what is expected of you. However, they will never come back to you again.
Like many others, we were taught that you are supposed to graduate, get a job, get married and have kids and live happily ever after. Honestly, we don’t think there is anything wrong with that kind of lifestyle, but we feel that there would be something missing if we continue without fulfilling our travel dreams.
That’s why we are taking on our aspiration to pack all of our stuff in a 10 kg suitcase and a backpack to travel the world full-time, starting next October. Until then, our plan is to continue visiting as many countries as possible while working and studying.
2. Describe what inspired you to start your blog?
We started our blog as a form of a travel diary, with a difference. We come from a country where travel is associated with something expensive, that you can do only once in a year or two. We want to show that travelling can be done on a low budget and still be fun and have awesome experiences. Being two students working part-time each, we manage to go on a trip almost once a month.
3. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
We dedicate time for our blog as a part time job. We create schedules, set deadlines and work to produce better content each and every time. Striving for improvement each and every time we log onto our blog is the main key.
4. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
On a daily basis via Facebook and Instagram.
5. What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
I think engaging in groups that are made of people that fall into the niche you are targeting. That way, the content you blog about is interesting to them and you’ll see a reaction.
6. Would you encourage other people to make their blog?
Sure! It’s fun nonetheless!
7. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
In our case, at the moment we are not looking to make money from our blog. We work with hotels, tourist boards and different companies to sponsor trips or part of trips in exchange for promoting their business. From our perspective, I must say that it’s important to show business more what you as a blogger can do for them, rather what they can do for you. In the end, both parties need to come out as winners from the experience.
8. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
In the beginning when we both had no idea how to function a website. All of it was new to us and we took our time to explore, and are still exploring.
9. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
Visiting 15 countries in a 2 year period on a low budget while sitting for a degree and working part-time.
10. Who is your blogging hero And Why?
11. What advice would you give to a new blogger starting out?
Take it easy. Enjoy it and seek new ways to learn.
12. Have you collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
More then brands, organizations and businesses. Such as the tourism board of Bratislava, car hire business in Cyprus and Malta, hostels in various countries etc.
13. Finally, what are your thoughts about BloggerMagazine?
We think it’s a very cool concept and can’t wait to be a part of it.
Follow Charlon & Charlotte on their journey at: