Meet The Blogger – Courtney Carruthers
In our latest interview series which I like to call “Meet the Blogger”, where I spotlight inspiring creatives on this Blogger Magazine. We caught up with Courtney Carruthers who runs Courtney Carruthers blog. Covering beauty & lifestyle.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog?
I am from a smaller city in Ontario Canada. I like reading, travel, makeup, and being outside. My blog is a beauty & lifestyle blog. I post reviews, favourites, and things about my life on there.
2. Describe what inspired you to start your blog?
I had created a blog back in 2017 and I fell in love with the community I got to be a part of. I was really busy with school and I took a break and ended up losing the blog. I don’t really have spare time but I missed it and started a new one as I missed it. My inspiration is my love for makeup and lifestyle content. I have learned so much from others I wanted to create a space that is honest and helpful for others as well!
3. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
I love to learn and share things with others that may be helpful. Growing a successful blog that can help many other individuals is a goal that motivates me!
4. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
I am on my blog almost every day. Whether I’m reading, answering a few comments here and there, or giving some love supporting other blogs!
5. What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
I’m still learning this myself to be honest. I would say Pinterest seems to be one of the bigger ones.
6. Would you encourage other people to make their blog?
Absolutely! If you are passionate about something and you want to share it with the world don’t let anything stop you!
7. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
I don’t think it’s easy. There is a lot of time an effort that goes into it. Especially if you’re as particular about things as I am! Self-hosting, investing in your blog, and being consistent.
8. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
Trying not to compare my blog to everyone else’s. I’m my own hardest critique!
9. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
Going back to college. I took a semester off and got a job that I could move up in and education for it would be paid for. I knew that what I was doing wasn’t how I wanted to spend the rest of my life so I went back for what I was passionate about and will be graduating this April!
10. Who is your blogging hero And Why?
New Lune. She publishes great content and is incredibly talented!
11. What advice would you give to a new blogger starting out?
Write about something you are passionate about and don’t give up. It’s not the easiest thing in the world especially when you feel like you worked so hard on something no one read or looked at.
12. Have you collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
I have not.
13. Finally, what are your thoughts about BloggerMagazine?
I think it’s a very cool idea to have made a spot for blogs of all different Niche’s come together and give us as other bloggers the chance to be seen!
Follow Courtney Carruthers on her journey at:
email@example.com | courtneycarruthers.com