Meet The Blogger – Madelin Gomez
In our latest interview series which I like to call “Meet the Blogger”, where I spotlight inspiring creatives on this Blogger Magazine. We caught up with Madelin Gomez who runs Madeline Gomez Blog.
- Tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
I am a student by day, bartender by night and traveler on the weekends. I run a lifestyle blog where I share my life experiences, thoughts, and favorites. From travel guides to beauty hacks, my readers learn a lot and are very interactive.
- Describe what inspired you to start your blog?
I started my blog early 2018, with the intention of motivating and inspiring others to get out of their comfort zone and try new things whether it be traveling or advice on how to graduate college debt free. I’ve always been creative growing up and thought a blog would be the best outlet to let my thoughts run wild.
- How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
My readers motivate me a lot. I receive a lot of feedback through my blog and social media. It gives me so much joy to see others feeling inspired and taking something away from my blog posts.
- How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
I’m always working on the blog, whether it be the technicality or functionality of it. I aim to post once a week and communicate on a daily/weekly basis with my followers.
- What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
Use as many resources, from social media platforms to blogger groups on Facebook. Create a solid strong following through actively engaging with followers whether it be email marketing or utilizing “stories/live” to chat on a daily basis.
- Would you encourage other people to make their blog?
Yes, of course! Your blog becomes whatever you want it to be. It’s much more than a blog, it’s a mini-community rallying behind you and supporting you.
- A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
It takes time. Once you build up the active followers, create content geared towards the brands you’d like to work with. Actively engage yourself with these brands and put yourself on their radar. Create a brand kit and put yourself out there. Don’t be afraid to make the first move and start the business relationship you’d like.
- What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
Maintaining motivation and inspiration. At times you will run into a creative rut, and it’s okay. Remind yourself why you started and how much you’ve accomplished.
- What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
I just recently graduated with my undergrad and did it debt-free! On the blog, I shared how I did it and tips on what others can do.
- Who Is Your Blogging Hero And Why?
I’ve followed Olivia Rink for years now and love the blog and community she’s built. She is one of my heroes and inspirations for her ability to think outside of the box and create content that connects with a wide audience.
- What Advice Would You Give To A New Blogger Starting Out?
Use your friends and family as a foundation for your audience. The more buzz they create organically around your blog, the more engagement and reach you’ll achieve.
- Have you collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
Not yet! Currently working on it!
- Finally, what are your thoughts about Blogger Magazine?
It’s a great resource and community filled with bloggers looking to inspire and uplift others. Blogger Magazine has it all, it creates newsworthy content for everyone!
Follow Madelin Gomez on her journey at: