Meet The Blogger – Paulina Rubia
In our latest interview series which I like to call “Meet the Blogger”, where I spotlight inspiring creatives on this Blogger Magazine. We caught up with Paulina Rubia who runs Paulina on the road blog.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
Hey, I am blogging since 4 years on Paulinaontheroad.com about sustainable and slow travel. Thus write mostly about outdoor travel such as hiking, cycling and sailing.
2. Describe what inspired you to start your blog?
I started the blog as a hobby when I was jobless in Spain. I got so many requests about where to stay in Spain or what to eat here. That’s why I decided to put it all into a blog. I wasn’t very serious about it until I crossed the Atlantic by boat-hitchhiking. On the boat I wrote so much about less known destinations such as Cape Verde. The audience continued to grow and slowly the blog got bigger.
3. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
I love working on the blog. I don’t need much motivation, it was always there. I work a scedule 8-5pm and try to get done as much as possible during that time. However, during a crisis such as the coronavirus it is hard to keep up. However, I am a positive person and believe that all will pass.
4. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
Since January I am full-time blogging, thus I usually work from 8-5pm. I post stories on Instagram on a daily basis, 1 blog post per week and 2 Faecbook posts per week.
5. What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
Be interested in your readers, show them that you care.
6. Would you encourage other people to make their blog?
It is getting more and more difficult to grow a blog. Don’t expect immediate rewards and it should eb a very unique topic if you want to succeed.
7. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
Know your readers and write what your readers want to read 🙂
8. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
The Corona virus crisis, definitely! I just started blogging full-time and 1 month after my income went to 0 basically in 1 week. As of March2020, I hope that this will pass soon.
9. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
Having friends in almost every European country and in many other countries around the world. It makes me very happy to know that we are all connected.
10. Who Is Your Blogging Hero And Why?
Lovely Pepa :)She started from 0 and built an empire. Even though she is not a travel blogger, I love her business attitude and chic lady boss style.
11. What Advice Would You Give To A New Blogger Starting Out?
Always keep swimming – Dory
12. Have you collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
There are plenty, however the most important ones are the National Tourism Boards of Belgium, Poland, Liechtenstein and hotel chains such as ACCOR or Hilton.
13. Finally, what are your thoughts about BloggerMagazine?
It’s a great initiative to meet other bloggers.
Follow Paulina Rubia on her journey at:
paulinaontheroad.com | facebook.com/paulinaontheroad | instagram.com/paulina_on_the_road | pinterest.es/PAULINAROAD/paulina-on-the-road | youtube.com/channel/UCA1MJLSaNfFEa5xC57o4UpQ
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.