Meet The Blogger – Prachi Garg & Himadri Garg
In our latest interview series which I like to call “Meet the Blogger”, where I spotlight inspiring creatives on this Blogger Magazine. We caught up with Prachi Garg & Himadri Garg who runs Ghoomophirosisters Indian travel blog.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog?
Ghoomophirosisters are the two sisters who have been exploring India from 10 years and above. Besides this, they do organize women solo travel events and motivate women to travel solo and propagate how wonderful it is to travel solo. In their quest to promote Tourism they do organize specific twitter chats and attract several international travelers. They pen down their travel musings at ghoomophiro.com which boasts of being one of the most inspiring travel blogs from India.
They have been awarded by MadhyaPradesh Tourism as their best friend on Social Media in travel awards 2016/2018 and by Gujarat Tourism Board for their services and have been featured by CNN global as company for the women, by the women.
2. Describe what inspired you to start your blog?
Back in 2007, Whenever we used to be back from our trips, and share our verbal stories to our friends, they get super excited and would want us to share the places to roam around the place etc in emails. It is then we realise why not disseminate the info that we have, experience we have to the larger group for their benefit and this is how we started our travel blog ghoomophiro.com. Ghoomophiro in Hindi (our native language means – to roam around)
3. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
The responses/ queries that we keep getting on our social media channels keep pushing us to evolve as better bloggers.
4. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
As on today, there are multiple channels to interact with the followers. We try to be in touch with our followers daily via Instagram/twitter posting pictures from our latest/past trips. However, we blog whenever we are back from any trip.
5. What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
- Good Content
- Regular Engagement with the followers
- Keep Evolving with the time
6. Would you encourage other people to make their blog?
Yes!! One should have a blog. It is the best way you can express yourself to the world with minimum investment.
7. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
NA. As we don’t see our blog as an easy way to make money online. For us our blog ghoomophiro.com is an outcome of expressing our travel experiences to the world which can be used by our readers. In fact, in our opinion, if you start blogging with the mindset of making easy money, the quality of content suffers as you might be biased in your writings.
8. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
Whenever we travel, we never capture things/places keeping in mind that we have to blog about it and once we are back, it gets really tricky for us to collate the content and present it the way, our followers look forward for. Believe us, this always remain a daunting task for us.
9. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
While Prachi Garg is an author of 5 bestsellers on entrepreneurship, Himadri Garg is working in the capacity of leadership position in an MNC organization.
10. Who is your blogging hero And Why?
11. What advice would you give to a new blogger starting out?
Don’t blog just because everyone around you has a blog. Blog only if you genuinely would want to reach out to masses and be the voice of people.
12. Have you collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
Yatra, Cleartrip, Neesh Perfumes, Nike Shoes, Sterling Holidays, Israel Tourism, Pugdundee Safaris, Forsyth Lodge, Dandeli Tourism, Kerala Tourism Board, Incredible India etc
13. Finally, what are your thoughts about BloggerMagazine?
It is a good platform to bring bloggers from different niche under one roof.
Follow Prachi Garg & Himadri Garg on their journey at:Blog Post ghoomophiro.com
Instagram instagram.com/prachi1905 | instagram.com/himadri
Twitter twitter.com/prachimadri | twitter.com/himadrigarg
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.