Meet The Blogger – Sedija Lejiete
In our latest interview series which I like to call “Meet the Blogger”, where I spotlight inspiring creatives on this Blogger Magazine. We caught up with Sedija Lejiete who runs Sedija Lejiete Brand.Sedija Lejiete, a huge positivity enthusiast and a founder of a brand that is based on all things positive and fashion.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
My name is Sedija Lejiete. I have always been a huge positivity enthusiast, with a strong passion for helping others and a love for fashion. In the result of combining all these things together I came up with the idea of a positive body image based fashion brand. My blog is all about positivity and positive body image, based on not only my own experience, but other women’s experiences too, who have also dealt with body image issues and are working on improving it. Everyone is welcomed to share their stories and words of encouragement. At the same time I am working on my first women’s clothing collection which is planned to be launched this year.
2. Describe what inspired you to start your blog?
The idea of having a platform itself – where I could potentially make someone’s day better, is what inspired me to start my blog.
3. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
I have a strong passion about what I write which is my biggest motivator.
4. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
I try to interact with my followers as much as I can, but to do it every day sometimes is very challenging, as I am working alone. But I am working hard to improve my time management skills so that I could engage with them more often.
5. What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
As I am currently experimenting, there are a lot of the strategies that I have not explored yet. But I believe that knowing your audience and what platform they mostly use is a great strategy to start with.
6. Would you encourage other people to make their blog?
Yes, definitely. It is such a great way how to express yourself and the things you can do with it are endless.
7. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
I think that is a huge misconception, because behind every blog there is an individual or a team who works hard on their content. I myself sometimes spend days on blog posts, not even mentioning other things that come with it. I think the best advice I can give to those who are interested in making money from the blog is – Find something you are passionate enough to write about when you don’t receive a single cent, because that passion is what will help you to keep going and lead you till the day you will start to make some money.
8. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
I have always been my biggest critic, so the most challenging thing for me is to not criticize myself if the desired result is not achieved or something doesn’t work as planned. I am still working on it, but I feel like I am finally getting better at it and I am slowly starting to go more with the flow.
9. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
Getting out of my comfort zone and pitching my idea in front of people who already have knowledge and experience in business. As a former expert of staying in my comfort zone and feeling too uncomfortable to speak my mind to others, standing up for my ideas with such a small knowledge and experience in business, was the most empowering thing I have done for myself and I am really proud of that.
10. Who Is Your Blogging Hero And Why?
Gary Vaynerchuk is my ultimate inspiration. His content always inspires me!
11. What Advice Would You Give To A New Blogger Starting Out?
Have fun with it and write about something that you are personally passionate about. Don’t let fear stop you.
12. Have you collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
I haven’t collaborated with other brands yet, but I have collaborated with people whose stories inspire me, which for me has been a main focus when it comes to collaborations.
13. Finally, what are your thoughts about BloggerMagazine?
I love the idea about interviewing bloggers, because it is interesting to read about other’s blogging journeys and gain different perspectives on blogging in general.
Follow Sedija Lejiete on her journey at:sedijalejietebrand.com | instagram.com/sedijalejietebrand | pinterest.com/sedijalejiete | instagram.com/sedijalejiete