Learn how to take care of your skin with Piyush Sharma
Where having clear, smooth skin has always been one of our deepest desires, the importance of taking actual care of it and putting in efforts outside of ‘drinking water to achieve it has only recently started being emphasized. Social media, a means of displaying talents, sharing information, and getting exposure for your content, is now flooded with young skincare enthusiasts carefully trying on different products and sharing their insights on whys and hows of what worked for them and what did not. And one such skincare influencer, who has been working diligently, creating short videos and carousels laden with countless useful tips and recommendations for his followers, is Piyush Sharma.
Piyush Sharma, a dashing fashion designer from Jaipur who rose to fame after his participation in the MTV shows Splitsvilla and Roadies, revealed he has a knack for not just clothing but also skincare. He is highly active on his social media, be it Instagram, Twitter, or Myntra Studio, constantly trying and introducing effective creams, toners, and cleansers, so his online family of over 175K does not have to do all the research themselves.
Here are some Piyush Sharma approved tips and basic steps to have healthy, flawless skin:
- Know your skin type– To be able to choose the best products for your face, it is imperative that you know the exact type of your skin. You might know that men’s skin is thicker than women’s, but apart from that, you might have
- Oily Skin- If it shines and appears greasy all over.
- Dry Skin- If it is rough, flaky and itchy all over.
- Combination Skin- If it is oily in some areas, mostly on the forehead, nose and chin called the t-zone, and dry in the other, cheeks.
- Sensitive Skin- If it is always breaking out, if it itches, burns or becomes red after you use a product.
- Use the right products– Once the type has been established, start hunting for products that are specifically meant for your skin. Read the ingredients before applying anything to your face. For instance, if your skin is oily, go for light, gel-based products, especially cleansers and steer clear of the ones containing oils or petroleum jelly as it might end up making your skin oilier, clogging pores and resulting in irritation and pimples.
- Moisturize without fail– All skins need moisturizing, regardless of the type, so skipping this step of your AM as well as your PM grooming regimen is a strict no. Opt for products that not only hydrate and help retain moisture but also nourish your skin. Follow the mantra- ointment for dry, creams for combination and normal, Lotions for oily. Moisturizers with Hyaluronic acid are highly recommended for softer, firmer skin.
- Do not forget the toner– A tip that Piyush Sharma never fails to reiterate is just how important a good toner is, especially if your skin type is oily. The main function of a toner is to clean the remaining dirt particles and impurities off your skin after you have cleaned it using a face wash. Regular use will tighten pores and slow down ageing considerably.
So, if you’re someone who is just stepping into the world of skincare, the recommended products section of Piyush Sharma’s account is a good place to start. Figure out your skin, make a list, and stock up on all the tried and tested skincare essentials!