Meet The Blogger – Diane Coletta
In our latest interview series which I like to call “Meet the Blogger”, where I spotlight inspiring creatives on this Blogger Magazine. We caught up with Diane Coletta who runs Petite in Paris fashion and travel blog. Based in Paris.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
My name is Diane Coletta and I moved to Paris, France 5 years to pursue her dream of working aboard. While working, I decided to combine my love for fashion and travel into a blog called, Petite in Paris. Standing 4’11 hasn’t let that stop me from entering one of the most competitive industries in the world; fashion. Through my love for fashion and travel Diane has grown her following from only her family and friends to over 150,000 followers. Through my blog, I has been afforded once in a lifetime opportunities, such as working and collaborating with some of her favorite brands, Dior, Christian Louboutin, Levi, and many more. In addition, I have had the opportunity to attend the French Open, sit first row at fashion week, and attend private events at the Eiffel Tower. In 2020 I will be making her TV debut, on a show called the Fashion Hero Season 2 as a mentor to the contestants.
2. Describe what inspired you to start your blog?
When I moved to Paris 5 years ago, I was so inspired by the city, I wanted to share my love of fashion and travel with my friends and family back home.
3. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
I strongly believe that motivation comes from within and for me it’s even if I have one person reading my blog and following my journey then it motivates me to continue forward and create new content.
4. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
My community is very active on both social media accounts and my blog. I get hundreds of emails a week from followers asking questions, seeking advice, and wanting to chat. I do my best to answer each question.
5. What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
The best social media strategy for me for getting more traffic through my site is Pinterest. SEO has been key to get the initial traffic, and pinterest has been key is growing the traffic.
6. Would you encourage other people to make their blog?
7. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
I don’t think blogging is an easy way to make money. Can you make money from it? Of course you can, but it takes a while. You won’t be signing collaborations and deals day one of starting. It’s not something that is instant gratification, and you have to work at it every day. Then one day you will start making money income from it.
8. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
The most challenging moment in my blogging journey came at the beginning. I was struggling to write article, grow my following and I wanted to give up. With a little encouragement from my family and friends I was able to persevere and I’m so thankful I did!
9. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
My greatest achievement outside of blogging is that I was able to move to another country and adapt to their culture.
10. Who Is Your Blogging Hero And Why?
My biggest blogging hero is Chiara Ferragni. She has paved the way for bloggers and inspired me to start my blog.
11. What Advice Would You Give To A New Blogger Starting Out?
My biggest advice to new bloggers starting out is to start. Just start. Get out there start writing, posting, you will make mistakes, you will do a website change (in my case I did 2) and that’s okay. But the most important thing above anything else is to just start.
12. Have you collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
Yes, I have been lucky enough to collaborate with some of the biggest names in the industry including: Dior, Christian Louboutin, Tiffany & Co, Shopbop, tourism boards from around the world, and many more.
13. Finally, what are your thoughts about BloggerMagazine?
I love how Bloggermagazine is giving bloggers a platform to reach a new audience. This is such a great way to discover new bloggers and find inspiration!
Follow Diane Coletta on her journey at:
petiteinparis.com | instagram.com/petiteinparis | facebook.com/petiteinparis | pinterest.com/petiteinparis